Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Developments, Details, and Art

My wife's healing is progressing fantastically, so now I can get back to work and deliver you folks some comics.

As you can see, there's a new banner for the blog. This is something I worked out over hours and hours, long into a night. At first I wanted something rough and hand-drawn, but then I thought of the necessity for an official, business-like look to match the professional quality of the fictional business, of which you will eventually read, called "Saves the Day."

Oh, that's right! You're not familiar with the world, the characters, or the premise. Well, for starters, this is a humor comic about a superhero day labor office. As I've stated before, it is set in a dilapidated strip mall. This mostly abandoned relic of a once thriving shopping center only has a few other offices or stores, the most frequented are a discount knick-knack shop and a place which sells questionable deli food and coffee long into the night (my kind of place, actually, sans bad food). The dying strip mall is in a run down town where blue collar folk scurry about in their daily lives, prey to circumstance and the occasional villainous brotherhood. Enter the staff of "Saves the Day - Heroic Day Labor" offices.

The day labor office employs a vast and varied selection of people, "Heroes," who wear various costumes of a sort and claim to be opposed to evil in its many warped and dark forms (they take an oath before they're enrolled in the work roster). You'll meet these folks, but more importantly, you'll meet the staff who must man the office so that those who would do the world wrong are halted before their sinister missions are accomplished. I'll leave cast introductions and further specifics to future strips. In other words, the work shall speak for itself.

I chose to utilize Blogger for this webcomic because it will allow me to offer commentary between and with strips, provide extras related to the production of the strips, answer questions from you, the readers, and give you an idea of what was going on in my head when I did this or that. You're more than welcome to submit questions, comments, fan art, and anything else which shows that you're reading and supporting this comic. One day, with enough support and interest, I hope to be able to move this comic to its own website and begin publishing story collections in graphic novels! (I'm excitedly hopeful for this possibility)

Thank you for reading this far. I hope you enjoy the comics which will be coming soon. Please read on and be sure to tell your friends!

Thanks again!

*Extras*
-I've included the original rough graphic for the blog's header, straight from my drawing table. I thought of using the hand-drawn sign to give it a stylized and basic look. Obviously, I took another direction. Here's this anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment